There are several messaging applications available for various operating systems that allow you to seamlessly send texts and a variety of multimedia to your friends but only a few of them can be used on your Windows 10 or Windows 8.1 PC. Here, we will show you guys how to run LINE on Windows 10 or even the previous-generation Windows 8.1 operating system.
How to Get and use LINE on Windows 10 and Windows 8.1?
Ever since LINE was natively introduced for Microsoft’s desktop operating systems, running and installing the app has become a walk in the park. Currently, there are two simple ways on how you can get LINE running for Windows 10 or 8.1.
1. Firstly, you can download and install LINE from the Windows Store, where a simple click on the ‘Get the app’ will effortlessly install the app on your computer. There are still some improvements that need to be rolled out for Windows, and we are confident that future software updates will address these problems.
2. To start using LINE, you will first have to start the application and choose the option to choose to register to the app. You can do this by clicking on ‘Sign Up’ where you will have to register your functional phone number and country in which you are currently residing in. After following the steps that come after this, you will then need to access the LINE app through one of three ways:
- Email Login
- QR Code Login
- Phone Number Login (This option can be availed if you are already registered through your smartphone app on the Android or iOS platform)
Using either one of the three steps, you will successfully be registered with LINE and can easily connect with your family and friends. As a reminder, you can chat via text, audio, and video with other LINE users, so you’re getting a plethora of options to choose from regarding communicating with different people. Ideally, it is considered best if you maintain your usage of LINE through your Wi-Fi network as sharing multimedia-related items using phone data is not recommended.
If you want to take the alternate route, then you can install LINE as a Chrome extension. This is normally carried out if the user does not prefer keeping an application on their computer, so an extension is also a useful way to keep in touch with your friends and family.
1. After clicking on ‘ADD TO CHROME’, you can launch the application straight away, and if you notice, the same options are present when you want to register to LINE as they were on the Windows app. All you have to do is follow the same steps that you carried out before and you will be using the application before you know it.
2. Preferably, it is always better to use a Windows app since all it takes is a single click to fire up the program. However, it is also a matter of preference for several users as they might find it more convenient to have an app in the form of an extension rather than an actual file.
How to Get and use LINE on Windows 10 and Windows 8.1 using Blue Stacks?
If you’re not comfortable with using the aforementioned ways to download and install LINE on your Windows 10 or Windows 8.1 computer, there’s always one more flexible way of getting your system to run the app, and that’s by running the application inside another application. We will show you guys how to get LINE up and running using a popular software called Blue Stacks.
For those that do not know, Blue Stacks is possibly the best Android emulator out there for your PC. With several software updates and tweaks, it has transformed into a terrific tool for helping you run Android applications on your machine. One phenomenal thing about Blue Stacks is that you can adjust the visuals according to the hardware running in your computer so that the application can perform optimally without slowing down your PC.
Downloading and installing Blue Stacks is a walk in the park, but if you are having trouble running LINE on it, we are here to guide you the entire way.
- Click on the Google Play Store
- In the ‘Search Bar’ at the top, type LINE and click Enter
- You should be able to see an app titled ‘LINE’. Click on that
- Just like how you would use an Android smartphone, the app downloads and installs on the Blue Stacks emulator. This will also mean that your computer’s storage is being used up
- After opening up LINE, you can choose to either ‘Sign Up’ or ‘Login’
- If you choose to ‘Sign Up’, you will need to either register through Facebook, or punch in your number according to the country you live in. As a reminder, it is simpler if you register through Facebook.
Blue Stacks has innumerable advantages as it hosts a huge repository of applications that have been made for the Android ecosystem. Do use it and let us know how you found the emulator because it is a very handy tool to have.
So these were the simple ways in which you can get LINE on Windows 10 and Windows 8.1. Which method did you find the most useful and convenient? Tell us in the comments.